söndag 10 oktober 2010

Glitter

Not much knitting lately. I work too much and during the weekends I have been trying to finish off a few projects in my office building before winter arrives. This weekend I made my own paint aimed for the interior chimney. Old fashioned glue paint. Just powder chalk, water and some wall paper glue (the water soluable, old fashioned thingy). It's beautiful, but I have been trying to get rid of the dust since. Chalk will not blend with water on its own. It is very hydrophobic. Adding the glue forces the powder, at least some of it, to stick to the wall. Which means, it easily comes off the wall when touching it. Still, there is no more beautiful paint than this. Well worth the effort.

But, at least I managed to finish off these cuffs for a turquoise loving, lovely lady.
I hope they meet the expectations :-)