fredag 23 september 2011

Torpavott

To match the new winter clothing for my daughter I am knitting a pair of Torpavotter from the Norwegian place Gjövik. 2mm needles and two balls of Rauma Inca Alpakka, then I just followed the adult version of the pattern. 5 pattern repeats before the thumb and 8 before the take-in part starts. They're very thick and I will skip the sewing on the inside else they will be too small for her. Next time maybe 2.5mm will be better suited to get more space for the sewn on lining (or does anyone know how the Estonains/Lithuanians get the lining yarn knitted in while the mittens are knitted?). I will knit more of those! Lacking the thumb gusset this is a quite quick knit. And easy. The instruction gives a neat star-shaped pattern at the fingertips.

Inga kommentarer: