onsdag 1 mars 2017

Shetland lace Estonian Jewel

Just on time for Fårfest i Kil I managed to cast off and block the Estonian Jewel I started knitting at Christmas. This time I choose the Jamieson & Smith Shetland Supreme 1-ply lace weight. It's like cobweb, it has drape it has everything. I made it slightly lager than usual, three extra repeats, so it's quite a big shawl. I used size 3mm needles, and I thought it was going to be very small lying on my lap looking scrunchy and voluminous. After blocking, as usual, all magic happened! It turned out to be a large delicate beautiful Swan. I'm not sure I can knit in another yarn after this... So transparent.


The shawl took 37g, less than two balls, I believe the yardage is about 650-700m in total, but after blocking I'd presume it's a LOT longer.

1 kommentar:

Berit Stormarken sa...

Kan man kjøpe mønsteret noe sted? Det er så flott